Vitamin of B5 (Pantothen, calcium of пантотенат, кальпан) 2936240000
Vitamin B5 - Pantothenic acid, pantothenate (dosage form - calcium pantothenate). Pantothenic acid is a dipeptide by its chemical nature and consists of amino acid residues ?-alanine and pantothenic acid .
Pantothenic acid gets its name from the Greek "pantothene", which means "everywhere" due to its extremely wide distribution. Pantothenic acid, entering the body, turns into pantethine, which is a part of coenzyme A, which plays an important role in oxidation and acetylation processes. Coenzyme A is one of the few substances in the body involved in the metabolism of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
Pantothenic acid is required for the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, amino acids, synthesis of vital fatty acids, cholesterol, histamine, acetylcholine, hemoglobin. Pantothenic acid is sensitive to heat, almost 50% of the vitamin is lost during heat treatment.
|Vegetable||Animals||Synthesis in the body|
| Peas, yeast, hazelnuts, green leafy vegetables,|
buckwheat and oatmeal, cauliflower, garlic.
| Kidney, heart, chicken,|
egg yolk, milk, fish roe.
|Produced in significant quantities by E. coli.|
- In animal and plant cells, pantothenic acid is part of coenzyme A (KoA), which takes part in the most important metabolic reactions.
- Calcium pantothenate is used in surgery to eliminate intestinal atony after gastrointestinal surgery. Calcium pantothenate is used in the complex therapy of withdrawal symptoms in patients with alcoholism. Vitamin B5 has shown its effectiveness in large doses (up to 10 g per day) in the treatment of acne (acne).
- Pantothenic acid is used in medicine to eliminate intestinal atony after operations on the gastrointestinal tract, its calcium salt - for medicinal purposes.
- The most important property of the vitamin pantothenic acid is its ability to stimulate the production of adrenal hormones - glucocorticoids, which makes it a powerful treatment for diseases such as arthritis, colitis, allergies and heart disease. Vitamin plays an important role in the formation of antibodies, promotes the absorption of other vitamins, and also takes part in the synthesis of neurotransmitters.
- Pantothenic acid is involved in the metabolism of fatty acids. It normalizes lipid metabolism and activates redox processes in the body.
- Pantothenic acid has a significant hypolipidemic effect, apparently due to inhibition of the biosynthesis of the main classes of lipids that form low and very low density lipoproteins in the liver. ;
- Calcium pantothenate increases the effectiveness of cardiac glycosides. Reduces the toxic effect of streptomycin and other anti-tuberculosis drugs. Vitamin B5 is essential for normal absorption and metabolism of folic acid . Vitamin B1 (thiamin) increases the efficiency of using vitamin B5 in metabolism
|Composition||a vitamin of b5 is a pantothen|
|Day's dose||0,4-0,8 mgs|