Vitamin of PP (Nikoti new acid, Niacinum) 2936290000
Vitamin PP - Nicotinic acid (niacin, also vitamin B 3 ) vitamin involved in many oxidative reactions of living cells, drug.
White crystalline powder, odorless, slightly acidic taste. It is difficult to dissolve in cold water (1:70), better in hot water (1:15), slightly soluble in ethanol, very little in ether.
Contained in rye bread, pineapple, buckwheat, beans, meat, mushrooms, liver, kidneys. In the food industry it is used as food additive E375 (excluded from the list of permitted additives in Russia since August 1, 2008).
Animal products containing vitamin PP: beef liver, pork, cheese, fish, milk, eggs, kidneys, white chicken meat.
More plant sources: broccoli, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, legumes, peanuts, dates, yeast, cereal products, corn flour and wheat seedlings. Rich in vitamin PP and many herbs: sorrel, sage, burdock root, alfalfa, rose hips, catnip, red clover, cayenne pepper, gerbil, raspberry leaves, chamomile, peppermint, ginseng, horsetail, hops, eyebright, hay fenugreek, seed fennel, nettle, mullein, parsley, oats, dandelion.
In the human body, nicotinic acid can also be synthesized, provided that the essential amino acid tryptophan is present. There is enough of this acid in our body if there is always enough animal protein in the diet.
The value of the listed products is not the same - it depends on the form in which they contain vitamin PP. For example, legumes contain it in a form that the body can easily assimilate. Vitamin PP, found in cereals, and especially in corn, is practically not absorbed, so in those countries where traditionally corn is eaten, cases of pellagra may increase.
- Hypo- and avitaminosis PP: pellagra, inadequate and unbalanced nutrition (including parenteral), pregnancy (especially against the background of nicotine and drug dependence, multiple pregnancy), lactation period.
- Hyperlipidemia, including primary hyperlipidemia (types IIa, IIb, III, IV, V).
- Reduces the toxicity of neomycin and prevents the reduction in cholesterol and HDL levels induced by it.
- Ischemic disorders of cerebral circulation, obliterating diseases of the vessels of the extremities (obliterating endarteritis, Raynaud's disease), vasospasm of the limbs, bile and urinary tract diabetic polyneuropathy, microangiopathy.
- Neuritis of the facial nerve, hypoacid gastritis, enterocolitis, colitis, long-term non-healing wounds and trophic ulcers.
Consumption rate . <
|Composition||Vitamin of PP (Nikoti new acid, Niacinum)|
|Day's dose||15-20 mgs.|