Vitamin of D (ergocalciferol and cholecalciferol) 2936290000
Vitamins of group D are formed in the body under the influence of ultraviolet rays in animal tissues and plants.
Vitamins of group D are:
- vitamin D 2 - ergocalciferol; isolated from yeast, its provitamin is ergosterol;
- vitamin D 3 - cholecalciferol; isolated from animal tissues, its provitamin - 7-dehydrocholesterol;
- vitamin D 4 - 22, 23-dihydro-ergocalciferol;
- vitamin D 5 - 24-ethylcholecalciferol (sitocalciferol); isolated from wheat oils;
- vitamin D 6 - 22-dihydroethylcalciferol (stigma-calciferol).
It is customary to call two vitamins D 2 and D 3 vitamin D - ergocalciferol and cholecalciferol - these are colorless and odorless crystals, resistant to high temperatures. These vitamins are fat-soluble, i.e. they are soluble in fats and organic compounds and insoluble in water.
The activity of vitamin D preparations is expressed in international units (ME): 1 ME contains 0.000025 mg (0.025 mgc) chemically pure vitamin D. 1 ?g = 40 IU
Vitamin D regulates the absorption of calcium and phosphorus minerals, the level of their content in the blood and their entry into the bone tissue and teeth. Together with vitamin A and calcium or phosphorus protects the body against colds, diabetes , eye and skin diseases.
|Composition||Alfalfa, horse-tail, nettle, parsley, vitellus, desi, cheese, cod-liver oil, caviar, dairy products, холекалъциферол appears in a skin under act of ultraviolet rays.|